SAMA will be out this week conducting annual maintenance inspections, please see below for more information

“Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency (SAMA) is responsible for the property assessments in the RM of Eldon.  An appraiser from SAMA will be in the RM for a day or two in February conducting annual maintenance field inspections in the RM in order to update the assessment roll.  The inspections will be at properties where a change in assessment value may occur, such as those properties with new dwellings, garages, sheds, decks, additions to dwellings, etc., as well as removal of buildings or assessable structures.  The appraiser only needs to do an EXTERIOR inspection in order to obtain the dimensions/size, class & condition of the structure in question.  If the property owner is not at home, the appraiser will leave a door hanger with his attached business card.  The SAMA appraiser will have the proper identification marked on his vehicle, as well as carrying an identification card.  Individual appointments will not be made at this time as it slows the inspection process.  SAMA wants to be proactive by notifying property owners our intention to complete an EXTERIOR inspection only of your property, while keeping in mind the safety of the public and our staff”.






Burning Permits are required in the R.M. of Eldon No. 471 with the exception of bbq's, fire pits used for cooking, and receptacles used for the burning of household waste.  Please contact the office at 306-893-2391 to obtain a Burning Permit. (Click here for more information)



An overweight permit is required for all non-divisible loads over Secondary Weights. To obtain a single trip overweight permit, please contact Roadata Services at:

Phone: 1-844-232-7275 




Gross Weight Chart



Building Permits are required by the R.M. of Eldon No. 471.  Please see the links below for more information and applications:

The Construction Code Act

Development Permit Application
Building Permit Application

When Do I Need a Building Permit?

Plan Review Checklists:

New House
New House (RTM)
Mobile Homes
Basement Developments
House Addition
Attached Garages
Detached Garages
Pole Sheds (Residential Accessory Buildings)